3 Easy Kickoff Cocktails!
With Super Bowl LIV (54) just a few days away you've got everything under control from the big screen TV you just ordered to the miniature football snacks, but have you given enough thought to your sipping selection?
Sure you have 10 different IPA's on hand but what about the gluten free fans who can't handle the beer bloat? Don't fumble up your game day plans, we have three recipes to satisfy any palate no matter who they're rooting for.
For the Chiefs fans, whip up a quick batch of KC Sangria! Full of fruity flavor this drink will go perfect with your three cheese dip.
- 1/2 medium apple (cored and chopped)
- 1/4 cup orange (rind on, sliced)
- 1/4 cup strawberries (chopped)
- 3-4 Tbsp Light Agave
- 3/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup brandy we recommend E&J VSOP
- 1 750ml bottle red wine, we recommend Papi's or Cultios
- 1 cup Ice to chill
*Best if prepared a day in advance to allow the ingredients to infuse. If not a couple of hours will do.
- Add all of your fruit and agave into a large pitcher and muddle with a wooden spoon for 45 seconds to extract all the flavor from the fruit.
- Add orange juice and brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds.
- Add red wine and stir to combine.
- Add ice and stir once more to chill.
- Garnish with orange segments (optional).
For our classic beer drinkers serve something with a twist with the Friscorita! A mix between beer and a margarita this is a hoppy glass with a punch.
- 1 cup Silver Tequila, we recommend Cenote Blanco
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Light Agave
- 5 Bottles of Corona or Bud Light cup
- Chill 5 to 7 glasses in the freezer
- In a large pitcher, combine tequila, triple sec, lime juice and agave syrup
- When you are ready to serve add ice to the glass chilled glasses and pour contents of pitcher in each glass about half way.
- Top off with cold beer and stir
- Add lime slices for garnish
Finally, for those of us who are only there to eat guac and watch the half time show enjoy a nice tall glass of Timeout Twisted Lemonade.
TIMEOUT TWISTED LEMONADE
- 4 ½ Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 1 ½ cups Triple Sec
- ¾ cup Orange Juice
- 6 oz. Sour Mix
- 2 Tbsps. Honey
- 2 Sliced lemon for garnish
- Combine all liquid ingredients into a pitcher and mix thoroughly.
- Add honey and mix until it has dissolved
- Add half the lemon slices to mixture and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Pour into cups filled with ice and garish with remaining lemon slices
With these seemly fancy cocktails, you'll be sure to win M.V.P (Most Valuable Party-thrower)! Enjoy!